Very good substitute for Vegetarians
This week i was thinking that i don’t want to make a traditional wok with chicken, but instead i used Quorn. When you bake the Quorn well, it actually tastes pretty good.
It’s so easy to make and very quickly. Since it was weekend and i don’t really felt like cooking.....but hey, i did with this quick asian dish :)
I simply love fast meals and still are healthy for the body. no special sauces required, just homemade.
At the end you add 2 eggs for extra bite, you can leave that out if you want or are intolerant to eggs.
1 package or 250 gr of asian noodles
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
300 gr or 1 package of Quorn pieces
2 to 4 Tbsp of sunflower oil
1 Tbsp of Sambal Oelek
2 Tbsp of sweet chili sauce (bottle from the grocery store)
1 Tbsp of Ketjap
Salt and Pepper
1. Cook the noodles according to instructions on package. When ready, cool them under cold water.
2. Clean the Broccoli and divide into small pieces (roses). Steam (4 minutes) or cook the broccoli in some salted water till they are softer. Just not too soft. you still want to have some bite.
3. Remove the seeds of the red bell pepper and chop into small pieces or anything you prefer.
4. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a wok and start baking the Quorn. Now, there can splash a lot of oil around. I hold a lid over the wok, so it does not splash too much on my kitchen. Make sure it gets a nice crust. Add the red bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Add the noodles and stir well.
Now also add the Sambal oelek and sweet chili sauce. Stir gently....
5. In a separate bowl, add the eggs and Ketjap together. with a fork mix it all together. Then add this to the wok and gently stir again. You will see the egg bake. Do this for about 3 minutes and season with salt and pepper again. When too dry, add some more oil.
TIP : To prevent splashing, you can simply bake the Quorn in butter.
Your wok is now ready to be served.
NOTE : I did not make any pictures during cooking as this is so easy to make :)