Tasty for special occasions
I know Halloween is over...........or is it really? :-)
Every year i make this soup around november / december as i have so many pumpkins left from Halloween time. This soup can be freezed in perfectly too. I save some for around the holidays in december.
This soup is seasoned with herbs and apple cider and is brewed with sherry at the end. No, it has no eyeballs inside :p
No special instructions, just a nice fresh autumn soup with a witches twist!
600 gr pumpkin in cubes of about 2 cm or 3 cm
200 gr carrots in smaller pieces
1 apple cored and in pieces
1 onion in large pieces
3 tablespoons of Kürbiskernöl (Pumpkinseed oil)
2 cm cube of fresh ginger shopped finely
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric (Kurkuma)
1/4 tsp nutmeg (Muskaatnoot)
900 ml vegetable stock
150 ml apple cider
2 tbsp sherry
1 tbsp herbal creme (kräutercreme)
1. Peel and core the apple, cut the carrots in small pieces. Peel the onion and cut in pieces.
2. Put the pumpkinseed oil in big casserole and heat up the onion. let it sweat......
3. Add the Pumpkin cubes, carrots and apple and stir well. Do this for about 1 minute.
4. Season with Salt, Ginger, Cumin, Turmeric, Nutmeg and add the Vegetable stock and apple cider. Cook this for about 20 minutes. Make sure the carrots are soft. Otherwise you let it cook a bit longer.
5. Mix the soup and add the herbal creme and the sherry. You can also add some parsley or croutons.
For extra decoration, you can serve this soup in a big pumpkin or halloween bowl. Let your imagination work.