MMmmmmm, even when i think about it, i get hungry haha.
I make this regulary and it tastes so good every time, but i like spicy and especially estragon. The mix with the scampi has something special, i tell you!
First of all it’s important to remove the faecal matter, nothing worse than to have some “sand feeling” between the teeth and i think it’s disgusting too. Sometimes when you buy Scampi, it’s already done, but i always check. I must say that this is one of my favorite dishes!
2 bags of Scampi (about 900 gram) Take enough, cause you want more :)
1/2 dl Olive oil
1 small carrot (cut small)
1 Onion (cut small)
1 glove of garlic
2 dl white wine
1 dl water
1/2 stock cube
2 tablespoons Ketchup
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 dl Cream
1 chili pepper
Estragon to own taste (i use about 6 branches)
1. After you cleaned the scampi, prepare your vegetables by chopping the Onion, Carrot and Garlic clove. Prepare your working space by placing everything ready in advance, you will work so much faster.
2. Make sure the scampi does not have any water from the defrosting. Heat a deep pan with the oil and make sure it gets pretty hot. Add the scampi, so they do not leave any water when you bake them. When the heat is too low, they will loose too much water.
Make sure they get crusty by baking them for about 2 minutes to each side. Not longer. add some pepper and salt while baking.
3. Add the vegetables and stir to mix well. Let it cook for 1 more minute...can you already smell that?
4. Add the white wine, water, Stock cube, The ketchup, Tomato paste and cream. Stir everything well so it’s all nicely mixed. Let it cook....if you already taste this sauce, it will already taste so good. Yes i taste everything while cooking, can’t help it.
It will take about 15 minutes to cook in. The sauce will make your scampi soft.
5. Add the chili pepper, but be careful with how much and if you decide to add the seeds, be prepared to get it hot tonight :p
6. When the scampi is cooked well, you can see how sauce is left and if it is thicker and leaves a trail when you stir with your spoon in it. Then turn off the fire and add the Estragon >> Cause Estragon has a very strong taste and especially when add when cooking....then it becomes bitter.
Make sure it does not cook anymore! GOSH...my mouth is watering!!!
Voila, that’s it.....super dish and i’m sure you will seduce your other half with it :-)