Sometimes i go to the market and buy me some fruit, but then when i come home i start to think what i’m going to do with all that fruit LOL.
So i came home with 500 gr of Blueberries. First i did not really know what to do with it, till i came up with the idea of making a small cheesecake when i saw all that cheese in my fridge.
Yes, my favorite food is cheese :D
As we are only with 2 at home, i did not want to make a big cheesecake and as i have a new addition in the kitchen >> my Philips Airfryer XL, i simply wanted to try it out as well! I already have a lot of success with making French Fries, but this oven can do so much more.
NOTE : This is for a 20 cm cheesecake
So, first i had to find a good crispy dough and i did on the internet, still i like to adjust some recipes to my own taste and wishes. As i have been using my famous Coconut blossom sugar again to make it more healthy.
180 gr of Flour
75 gr of Coconut blossom sugar
100 gr of cold butter
1 tablespoon of ice cold water
Sift the flour into a bowl, add the sugar and egg in it.
Make sure the butter is ice cold from the fridge and dice it in cubes. add to the bowl and also 1 tablespoon of cold water.
Start mixing with your fingertips till you have a crunchy texture and then start to kneed the dough properly with your hands. Don’t do this too long, as the dough will start to get warm and you don’t want that. Wrap the dough in some foil and put it in the fridge to chill.
Then start make your filling......
600 gr of low fat cheese
50 gr of sugar (yes real sugar, cause it’s so less)
50 gr of Cornstarch (Maizena) or in German Speisestärke
10 gr of Vanilla sugar
60 ml double cream (not whipped)
80 gr of White chocolate (my chocolate was sweetened with stevia)
Some vanilla essence
400 gr of Blueberries (the rest i ate like that :-))
20 cm spring cake
1. Prepare a spring cake with baking paper, so it will not stick after baking.
Just add a little bit of butter to the tray first and then stick your paper into it, it will hold nicely.
Wash your blueberries gentle.
2. Mix the cheese with sugar, Cornstarch, vanilla essence and vanilla sugar. Add the eggs one by one. and stir gently.
3. Melt the chocolate together with the cream in a pan, but at very low heat, so the chocolate does not cook or burn. When it’s melted, stir well and add to your cheese mix.
Stir gently till all is mixed well and you get a nice creamy texture. I do this all by hand, no mixer needed.
4. Get your dough out of the fridge and roll it out gently on a flour surface. Make sure you roll out the dough bigger than your spring cake, so you can add dough to the sides of the tray.
Gently fill your spring cake with the dough and stick the bottom with a fork several times to make some small air holes.
5. Fill your spring cake with 3/4 of the blueberries and add the cheesecake cream.
6. Add the rest of the Blueberries on top if you like that.
7. Preheat your oven at 170°c, this goes really really fast...not even a minute.
Put your cheesecake spring cake into the basket of the Airfryer and bake it for about 40 minutes.
Do keep an eye on the top of the cake as it can easily become brown, you can prevend that by covering the top with aluminum foil during the rest of the baking process. My aluminum foil ran out, so my cake turned out darker, but i did not mind, the taste was good :)
The smell of the cheesecake will fill your whole house.......mmmmmmmm.......
Let it cool down completely after baking, so you can easily cut the cake and the crust will be so crispy.........yes even the bottom :)